3-4 pounds Lamb shoulder
2 cups Mustard BBQ Sauce
2 each Carrots, shredded
1 each Red beet, shredded
2 sprigs Mint
4 sprigs Cilantro
1 each Lemon for juicing
2 T Olive Oil
4 each Focaccia rolls
1. Generously season the lamb with salt and pepper and rub in 1½ cups of the mustard BBQ sauce.
2. Braise the lamb for 3-4 hours until the lamb is fork tender.
3. Shred apart adding the last ½ cup of Mustard BBQ if needed. Set aside.
4. For the sandwich, take the shredded carrots and beets and mix with a squeeze of lemon juice, 1 T olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Fold in leaves of mint and the full sprig of cilantro.
6. Lightly toast the focaccia rolls.
7. Assemble the sandwich with the roll, lamb, carrot/beet slaw.
Makes 1 to 1 ½ quarts of sauce
3 cups Prepared Mustard
1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1 ½ cups Cider Vinegar
12 ounces Coors Peak Beer
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T Hot Sauce
2 T Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
¼ cup Whole Grain Mustard
1. In a heavy non-reactive saucepan, stir together the mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, and beer.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook for about 20-30 minutes. DO NOT BOIL or you will scorch the sugar.
3. Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, butter. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Taste and season with hot sauce to your liking.
5. Pour into a jar, and refrigerate for overnight to allow flavors to blend. The vinegar taste may be a little strong until the sauce completely cools.